Call for 2016-2017 Presentation Proposals
We are pleased that you are interested in presenting at one of our educational events during this chapter year. Please download the submission form below for information about how to submit details about your recommended presentation to our education committee.
Call For Faculty Registration Form
Georgia HFMA (www.georgiahfma.org) is one of the leading Chapters within the National HFMA organization, and it is in large part due to the excellent and timely educational opportunities offered at cost-effective prices whether at our Institutes, many Forums Workshops or through our certification programs such as the Certified Financial Counselor (CFC), Certified Patient Account Representative (CPAR) and the Advanced CPAR Program.
This will be your 2016-2017 annual opportunity to indicate your interest in serving as speaker at any of the educational events for the upcoming year, June 1, 2016– May 31, 2017.
Please note that it is important to complete and return the attached form by July 31st as we will continue our planning for the 2016 - 2017 education events. Otherwise, future consideration as a speaker may not be guaranteed.
Provider members willing to present case studies and other “how to” sessions based on successes at their organizations are strongly encouraged to submit a form, as these types of sessions are of much interest and demand.
In addition, we are asking that anyone interested in speaking at one of the Institutes also agree to speak at a Forums Workshop, at an Advanced CPAR Program, or to host a Webinar. Those agreeing to do so will be given stronger consideration than those not willing to do so, as this helps us to fill the membership needs most effectively.
Further, we will continue to provide priority consideration to our corporate sponsors
for speakers. So, if you are not currently a part of our Corporate Sponsor Program (CSP) and are interested in becoming a sponsor, please see our Sponsorship Benefits
for more information.
After receipt of the completed forms, all information will be compiled and distributed to the different Committee Chairs responsible for scheduling the various education opportunities. Should your topic be of interest, you will then be contacted by the appropriate Committee Chair(s) to facilitate the scheduling of any presentation(s).
Thank you for your interest in the Georgia Chapter of HFMA!
2016-2017 Georgia Chapter President
Presentation Proposal Submission Process
As a presenter, you will benefit by:
- General: Increased visibility within the healthcare industry and added recognition beyond the conference. Your presentation and materials will be distributed to healthcare professionals nationwide.
- Complimentary registration: Complimentary registration for up to two speakers to attend the Conference.
- Articles for the Scroll: We allow our speakers to write and submit article(s) for our Chapter newsletter, The Scroll.
The Georgia HFMA Education & Forums committee, consistent of healthcare professionals from the Georgia HFMA chapter, will review all proposals.
Selection criteria include:
- Timeliness of topic – relevancy and currency of information
- Presenter qualifications and reference listing (must submit a one paragraph biography)
- Practical application of materials
- References from past speaking engagements
- Travel Fees: With few exceptions travel, hotel, copy and mail expenses for course material are the responsibility of the speaker. There is a limited budget available for Keynote Speakers and Providers who make time to present. Please bring questions about Travel Fees to the Program Chair.
- Audio/Visual:Laptop and Presentation File are the responsibility of speaker unless otherwise specified. GAHFMA can provide a Projector upon request.
- No Soliciting Products/Services: Georgia Chapter Institutes are held to educate members regarding the healthcare industry and issues affecting healthcare finance. Sessions are to educate members, not to sell services or products. Please adhere to these guidelines, as a Session Coordinator will be monitoring each session and will interrupt session speaker(s) if this policy is violated.
- Registering for the Institute: Meeting brochure(s) and registration are located at www.georgiahfma.org. Please use the brochure for general Institute information, and to determine any other sessions or meals that you plan on attending.
- Handouts: Program handouts in an electronic format (PowerPoint or .pdf) are due 15 days prior to session. Materials presented will be uploaded to the Education section of our website for those who were not able to attend in person.
willing to present case studies and other “how to” sessions based on successes at their organizations are strongly encouraged to submit a form, as these types of sessions are of much interest and demand.
In addition, we are asking that anyone interested in speaking at one of the three quarterly Institutes also agree to speak at a Forums Workshop, at an Advanced CPAR Program, or to host a Webinar. Those agreeing to do so will be given stronger consideration than those not willing to do so, as this helps us to fill the membership needs most effectively.