Together Everyone Achieves More Success (TEAMS)
is a slogan that Past President Larry Sims adopted in 1994-1995 for what was previously called the Matrix. The Matrix was a complex list of councils and committees, individuals who filled the positions within the councils and committee’s and what role each fulfilled within the Chapter. The decision to change the name stemmed from recognizing that although the Chapter had individual councils, committee’s and people devoted to carrying out the Chapters Strategic Plan, the Chapter would not be successful unless all worked as a “TEAM”.
In our hectic professional and personal lives, it is difficult to find the time to volunteer. Yet, as we all face the challenges of the transforming healthcare industry, education and sharing is more important than ever. I recently read a quote by Elizabeth Andrews, stating “Volunteers do not necessarily have the time; they just have the heart.” That simple statement is so meaningful for volunteerism, especially when you consider the heart each of you has to offer your peers and Georgia healthcare community overall. There are many benefits of volunteering for Georgia HFMA, and finding the right TEAMS match that suits your time constraints is easy. You will be glad you did!
A few benefits include:
- Expanding your network by meeting new people
- Strengthening existing relationships and contacts
- Learning new strategies and ideas from industry leaders
- Professional growth and development
- Demonstrating your skills and ability
- Boosting social skills
- Making a positive difference for our membership
- Earning Founders Points to gain Advanced Member status in HFMA
There are more than 20 TEAMS to choose from and the time commitment varies for each TEAMS. You can imagine that we need all types of skill sets to make things happen! So, your skills are needed and wanted! Don’t let the fear of limited time stop you from becoming involved. Some TEAMS require little time as a member, while others require a couple of hours a month. Please review the attached TEAMS list, and if needed, ask for more details to select the TEAMS that fit you. There are many roles that can be accomplished remotely, without attending quarterly meetings, so please don’t let limited travel budgets hinder your involvement.
To find the best TEAMS for you, please contact me. If you already know which TEAMS you want to join, please complete our Volunteer Form and return it to me. Please note that there are a number of Chair and Co-chair positions available, as well as TEAMS positions. These leaders and “leaders in training” roles are critically important for continuity from year to year. Each TEAMS will have an official mentor to ensure a smooth transition of duties, even though you may be new to the role.
Thank you for your consideration in becoming TEAMS member!
2016-2017 President, Georgia HFMA
2016-17 TEAMS Committee List
MARKETING AND COMMUNICATIONS COUNCIL:
Led by: Nikki Porter
Led by: Georgia HFMA Program Chair, George Ann Philips
- SCROLL Committee- Solicit articles & publish quarterly newsletter
- Public Relations Committee- Promote GA HFMA, including content development and publication of weekly email updates
- Member Satisfaction Committee – Monitor and develop strategies to enhance member satisfaction
- Social Media Committee – Lead chapter strategy for member engagement through social media.
- Chapter Photographer - Capture pictures of GA HFMA Chapter activities
- Event Management Committee – Deploy, implement and maintain new event management system and Chapter calendar
- Email Logistics Committee – Manages weekly Chapter email updates
FORUMS COUNCIL (reporting through the Education Council):
Led by: Donna Fincher
- Education Content and One Day Summit Committee - Plan/administer quarterly Institute education and One day conferences
- Education Logistics Committee - Plan/administer Institute and One day Summit events, including food/entertainment
- Registration Committee - Administer quarterly Institute pre-registration & on-site registration.
PROFESSIONAL DEVELOPMENT COUNCIL:
Led by: Elaine Dahl
- Revenue Cycle Forum - Plan/administer workshops throughout the state (Northern and Southern regions will be maintained with duplicative programs). Plan/administer webinars (workshops and CPAR classes). Plan/administer the logistics of the Forums Workshops, including on-site locations & webinars
- C.A.R.E. (Compliance, Audit, Risk and Ethics) Committee - Plan/administer workshops throughout the state and/or at the quarterly Institutes
- Webinars - Plan and coordinates quality content in regularly scheduled webinars for state and national participants, including one regional webinar
MEMBERSHIP SERVICES COUNCIL:
Led by: Zach Scarboro
- Advanced CPAR Committee - Plan/administer educational offerings, update content, and maintain database
- CPAR Committee - Plan/administer coaching, testing, and awards banquet, as well as maintain reference manual and database
- National HFMA Certification - Plan/facilitate HFMA’s certification coaching and recognition events for certified members
Led by: Yolanda Rich
- Membership Committee - Plan/administer membership recruitment and retention programs. Update/distribute annual membership directory
- Mentoring Program Committee – Create and implement a mentoring program for members interested in becoming more involved in the chapter, including mentoring new members, current and future leaders of the Chapter
WEBSITE AND QUALITY COUNCIL:
Led by: Brian Patterson
- Organizational Outreach Committee - Solicit/plan/administer events with other organizations, etc. with fellow professional organizations and other organizations. Solicit/plan/administer events with other organizations, FACHE, GHA, MGMA, academia etc
- Federal and State Issues Committee - Increase influence on Federal and State legislative/regulatory policy of HFMA/GA HFMA
- Early Careerist Committee – Identify and engage current members and potential new members who are early in their healthcare career.
Led by: Kyle Wilkinson
- Website Committee - Maintain GA HFMA website
- Technology Support, Benchmarking and Survey Committee - Complete membership surveys & educational evaluations; compile & maintain data.
- Founders Award Committee - Track Founders Points and communicate with National to keep up -to -date with member participation and recognition
- Davis Chapter Management System (DCMS) - Administer chapter reporting, compliance with national deadlines, and reconciliation of anticipated actual events
- Awards Committee - Chapter Awards, Yerger award writing and Education
CORPORATE SPONSORSHIP COUNCIL:
Led by: Georgia HFMA Treasurer, Bridget Cutchens and Georgia HFMA Secretary, Laurence Harris
- Corporate Sponsor Advisory Committee – provide feedback and input to the Board of Directors regarding the corporate sponsorship program, including event networking activities, value proposition for sponsors, sponsorship benefits, and sponsor-provide engagement opportunities (must be a 2016-2017 Georgia HFMA Corporate Sponsor to participate).